Quantcast
Channel: WKRN News 2
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 3141

Hendersonville man found guilty on over 50 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor

$
0
0

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A Hendersonville man was found guilty on 54 counts related to sexual exploitation of a minor on Tuesday, a member of the state attorney general's office told News 2.

In November 2022, Hendersonville detectives executed a search warrant at Jay Chandler's residence and seized numerous electronic devices. Assistant District Attorney General Nathan Nichols said that a search of those devices "revealed thousands of images depicting the sexual abuse of children."

Sumner County Judge Dee David Gay found Chandler guilty as charged. In this case, Chandler faces a potential sentence of up to 416 years.

"Sexual exploitation of a minor is an offense which is not eligible for probation, parole, or any form of early release; therefore, any sentence imposed will be served in its entirety," Nichols added.

Additionally, Chandler has two other pending cases that will be set for trial following his sentencing hearing. Those cases, Nichols said, involve two victims.

One of those victims is an 8-year-old girl that Chandler allegedly raped in 2017, while the other victim is 16. News 2 previously reported that Chandler was the supervisor of a teenage victim at a restaurant.

Officers started an investigation into Chandler in October 2022 when the case was first brought to the mother of the teenage victim's attention, per an affidavit.

Chandler's sentencing hearing is scheduled for October 4.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 3141

Trending Articles